I am in love with South Carolina weather this week, it’s absolutely perfect. Something about the spring weather that seems to put everyone in a better mood. Or maybe it’s just me that is in a better mood, and I’m more pleasant to be around because I’m not being so negative about how cold I am.
Speaking of being negative, I have had a few conversations this week with different people about how they talk to themselves, what is also referred to as: Negative Self Talk. We’ve all put ourselves down at one time or another, it’s part of human nature; however, it’s when we allow ourselves to LIVE in the negative self talk, that it can become destructive. Living in negative self talk is when we believe we are: fat, weak, dumb, worthless, pathetic, etc., and that begins to snowball into a downward spiral to low self esteem.
If you have been following my blog for awhile then you know, I once lived in that downward spiral for years, it wasn’t a fun place to be. I’m not saying that I never talk down to myself now, I have simply made a point to be conscious of when I am beginning to do it, and make a point to stop it immediately. I suppose this has made me more aware of how other people talk to themselves, because it bothers me to hear someone put themselves down. I try to give words of affirmation, however, in order for someone to truly see there self worth and value, it starts from the inside. If you are someone that tends to put themselves down a little too much, I have a challenge for you. I challenge you to speak positive words into your life on a daily basis, whether it be journaling, placing reminders where you will see them everyday, or taking five minutes out of your day to simply remind yourself of the good things that are going on in your life…whatever works best for your personality type, I encourage you to do it. Everyone deserves to see and understand their self worth and value, but at the same time, you have to believe it.
Chia Pudding Pancakes
- 4 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 3/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (Your choice)
- 1 Egg White
- 1/4 TSP Baking Powder
- Dash of Salt
- The night before, make your chia pudding, but combining the chia seeds, almond milk and water in an airtight container to soak.
- **Once you combine the 3 ingredients, after 20 minutes, go back and stir, this was prevent the chia seeds from clumping together
- The next morning, measure out half of the chia pudding (reserve the rest for a snack at another time), and the remaining ingredients into a blender and combine
- Yes, the consistency of the batter is weird
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, divide out the batter into thirds to make 3 small pancakes, be aware this will take a little longer than normal pancakes to cook through.
- Top with whatever your little heart desires, but be aware it could alter the nutritional value listed below
Nutrition range based off of the protein I currently have-Muscle Pharm Whey Protein:
8-10 G Fat, 13-15 G Carbs, 15-17 G Protein