Today’s post is going to be short (and hopefully sweet), this is more of just me rambling about something that I’ve noticed, and once struggled with.
Why are so many people (especially us females) scared to be ourselves?!?! There was a time, more in my teenage years through my early twenties, that I was so scared to truly be myself around people. Those close to me knew how weird I was (excuse me, still am), but put me around a group of friends and I would clam up. I spent countless years acting like those I hung around, doing what they did, and sometimes even talking the way they talked, in order to be accepted. I was too scared of judgement, and that was exhausting! In order to hide my characteristics that I thought would be viewed as weird or not accepting was just extra work and stress that I put on myself.
I’m here to tell you, to hide your God-given characteristics about yourself is just not worth it.
Do not be scared to be you. Be weird, be funny, be loud, be strong! Who cares what society thinks, because at the end of the day you will be a much happier version of yourself when you stop hiding who you truly are. Do not allow the opinions of others to dictate your characteristics.
What are some things about yourself that you think might be labeled as “weird”? I’ll tell you some of mine to start it out 🙂
- When I eat, I only eat one food item at a time, and I start with my least favorite and save my favorite for last
- If I’m uncomfortable and don’t know what to say, I start laughing
- I use the phrase “that’s what she said” more often than I should
- I like to mix peanut butter and jelly together and eat it with plain tortilla chips
- Gym clothes are my favorite clothes
- I don’t wear makeup simply because I’m too lazy to spend an extra 7 minutes putting it on (100% serious)
- I sometimes make check lists just so I can mark things off my check list
Now you go! Put it out there and own it!